Friday, November 19, 2010
November 19th 2010
From Top to bottom:
* Golden Eye Snapper from Chiba
* Red Blue Fish / Nodo Kuro from Chiba
* Horse Mackerel from Fukuoka
* Spotted Sardine from Tokyo
* Pike Mackerel from Miyagi
* Shishamo from Hokkaido
This is why this fish is called Nodo Kuro.
Nodo = Throat
Kuro = Black
Nodo Kuro is one of the most expensive fish in Japan these days.
It is very fatty, sometimes called "the toro of all white fish".
It could be excellent grilled, but we serve it raw, as sushi or sashimi.